Need Help?
Dial 2-1-1
2-1-1 Maryland connects you to health and human service resources in your community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 180 languages.

Loans & Grants

Maryland Veterans Trust 

The Maryland Veterans Trust provides grants and loans to veterans who are in dire financial situations, or to private organizations that help veterans (homeless programs, substance abuse programs, etc).

Maryland Access Point

If you are experiencing long term/permanent financial hardship or are in need of long term services and supports, contact Maryland Access Point to locate assistance in your county.

American Legion

Offers temporary financial assistance for basic needs (shelter, food, utilities and health expenses), which can be requested at a local American Legion. For more information, contact your local American Legion Post

This program is limited to minor children of veterans. The parent must have served during one of the following periods.
Dec 7, 1941-Dec 31, 1946
June 25, 1950-Jan 31, 1955
Feb 28, 1961-May 7, 1975
Aug 24, 1982-July 31, 1984
Dec 20, 1989-Jan 31, 1990
Aug 2, 1990- Cessation of hostilities as determined by the U.S. Government.
Membership of the Legion is not required.

- Minor children include any unmarried child, stepchild or adopted child 17 years or younger.
- Children 18-20 years old will be considered if a current disability requires special schooling or indefinite in-home care, or they are enrolled in an approved high school

For more information on the American Legion, visit their website.

Military Branch Loans & Grants

Most branches of the military offer assistance through short-term interest-free loans, financial grants, referrals, and other related means. These loans and grants are normally for unforseen emergencies and are given on a case-by-case basis. Contact your branch organization to see if you qualify.

Air Force

Armed Forces Foundation

Army Emergency Relief

Coast Guard Mutual Assistance

Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society

 For more information on options for support and housing services dial 2-1-1 for help.


Are you a service provider
with questions about the
2-1-1 MD database?