Need food for your family? 211 Maryland can help.
Free food near me
There are a number of free food options in Baltimore, detailed below.
If you live in another part of Maryland and need free food near you:
1. Call 211. You'll be connected to food resources near you.
2. Search our database. You can try one of our quick searches or search the full database.
3. Find COVID-19 specific food programs in your county. There are many new food programs, related to COVID-19 hardships. Find one near your home.
Free grocery delivery in Baltimore, MD
Baltimore City is delivering grocery boxes in partnership with the Maryland Food Bank and Amazon. The box includes non-perishable food for 1-2 weeks, depending on household size. You'll receive the box within 3-4 days of ordering.
- Currently have no food at home or will run out before you can buy more
- Can't afford paid meal or grocery delivery
- Currently experiencing financial, social or medial COVID-19 hardships
- Have someone who can prepare food at home
Call 211 to see if you qualify. Adults, aged 60 and older call 410-396-2273.
Free food in Baltimore
If you don't qualify for this program, there are a number of other options including grocery and produce box distribution sites and mixed boxes with dairy, meat and produce. See the latest schedules.
You can also view a map of Baltimore COVID-19 free food sites including grab-n-go meal options for families.
To learn more about different types of food programs, check out the links in the More Resources box, or dial 2-1-1.