Need food for your family? 211 Maryland can help.
Free food near me
There are a number of free food options in Baltimore, detailed below.
If you live in another part of Maryland and need free food near you:
1. Call 211. You'll be connected to food resources near you.
2. Search our database. You can try one of our quick searches or search the full database.
3. Find COVID-19 specific food programs in your county. There are many new food programs, related to COVID-19 hardships. Find one near your home.
Free grocery delivery in Baltimore, MD
Baltimore City is delivering grocery boxes in partnership with the Maryland Food Bank and Amazon. The box includes non-perishable food for 1-2 weeks, depending on household size. You'll receive the box within 3-4 days of ordering.
- Currently have no food at home or will run out before you can buy more
- Can't afford paid meal or grocery delivery
- Currently experiencing financial, social or medial COVID-19 hardships
- Have someone who can prepare food at home
Call 211 to see if you qualify. Adults, aged 60 and older call 410-396-2273.
Free food in Baltimore
If you don't qualify for this program, there are a number of other options including grocery and produce box distribution sites and mixed boxes with dairy, meat and produce. See the latest produce box schedule, including the one for April.
You can also view a map of Baltimore COVID-19 free food sites including grab-n-go meal options for families.
To learn more about different types of food programs, check out the links in the More Resources box, or dial 2-1-1.
County specific food programs