Frequently Asked Questions
What is 211?
211 Maryland is a simple, memorable phone number for Marylanders to connect with essential resources throughout the state. It’s a free and confidential service that enables individuals with unmet needs a one-stop access point instead of having to navigate through the sometimes-confusing maze of health and human service agency phone numbers, websites and community resources.
English and Spanish-speaking resources are available 24/7/365. Translation is available in 150+ languages.
211 Maryland is managed by the Maryland Information Network, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
What's the difference between 211, and 211 Press 1?
211 ሜሪላንድ connects Marylanders with unmet needs to essential health and human resources.
211፣ 1ን ይጫኑ provides immediate access to a trained specialist in suicide prevention, opioid crisis intervention እና mental health assistance.
How do I access 211 Maryland Resources?
Connect 24/7/365 with 211 by:
It’s a FREE and confidential community resource that’s available to everyone in Maryland. Text and data messaging services may apply.
What is 211 Maryland's phone number?
Contact 211 by dialing 2-1-1. Specialists are available 24/7/365.
When can I call 2-1-1?
211 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
How Can 211 Maryland Help Me?
Empathetic Information and Referral Specialists understand it can be challenging to navigate the sometimes-confusing maze of health and human resources. They’ll use your ZIP code to search our up-to-date resource database of over 7,000 agencies and services. We’ll connect you to the best organizations and services near you, and answer questions on the following unmet needs:
- Housing and shelter
- Emergency shelter
- Utility assistance
- Financial assistance
- Mental health
- Substance abuse
- Suicide and crisis intervention
- የኮቪድ-19 ምርመራ
- Children and families (child care, parenting support, supplies and clothing and school readiness)
- Aging and disability
- Legal services
- Tax prep information
- የቀድሞ ወታደሮች
- Domestic violence
By the end of the call you will be prepared to take action to get the help you need.
What Can I Expect When I Call?
- 2-1-1 ይደውሉ።
- Press 1 if you need assistance with a mental health emergency or substance abuse intervention.
- A 211 specialist will listen to your concerns.
- The specialist will ask questions to identify your unmet needs.
- You’ll provide your location to help determine resources in your area.
- You can provide contact information if you’d like a follow-up call to offer additional resources.
- The call resource specialist connects you with resources.
All calls are confidential.
What If My Cell Phone Won’t Connect With 211 Maryland?
Most phones support dialing 2-1-1. If you have a problem, you can also call:
- Southern (Capital) Maryland: 1-866-770-1910
- Central Maryland: 1-866-406-8156
- Eastern Shore: 1-866-231-7101
- Western Maryland: 1-866-411-6803
What If I Am Deaf Or Hard Of Hearing?
Call 7-1-1 to access 211 Maryland through Maryland Relay.
What Languages Are Available?
English and Spanish-speaking specialists are available, as well as translation in 150+ languages.
Can I Search For Resources Myself?
Yes! Our online database has over 7,000 statewide resources.
Search by keyword or your location. Go to search.211MD.org to start your search today.
How Can I Get Ongoing Support?
211 Maryland offers ongoing text message support in English and Spanish. Sign up by texting any of these keywords to 898-211 (TXT211).
- Mental wellness: MDMindHealth | MDSaludMental
- Teen mental health: MDYoungMinds
- Kinship: MDKinCares
- Hate crimes and incidents: MDStopHate
- Aging and disabilities: MDAging
- Opioid support: MDHope
- Wellness: MDWellness
- Veterans: MDCom2Vets
Sign up by texting any of these keywords to 211-631 (211MD1).
- Disaster preparedness: MDReady | MDListo
211 ሜሪላንድ በክልል-ተኮር የመረጃ መረጃ የሚያቀርቡ ወይም የአደጋ ማንቂያዎችን የሚያቀርቡ የጽሑፍ መልእክት ማንቂያ ፕሮግራሞችን ይሰጣል። ከደንበኝነት ምዝገባ ለመውጣት STOP ወደ ተመሳሳይ ቁጥር ይጻፉ። ሙሉ የኤስኤምኤስ ውሎች በ https://211md.org/sms/ በተጨማሪም ተግባራዊ ይሆናል.