Effective as of April 29, 2022
1. CONTENTS. The Site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, for professional healthcare or legal services, or for police enforcement. If you think you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately.
2. LICENSE GRANT. The Site is owned by and made available by 211MD, and this TOU provides to you a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable license to use the Site conditioned on your continued compliance with this TOU. You may print and download materials and information from the Site solely for your personal use and only for educational purposes, provided that all hard copies contain all copyright and other applicable notices contained in such materials and information and that you do not further distribute or disclose such materials and information. You may not access or use the Site or any materials through the Site for any unauthorized purposes, which include but are not limited to, commercial purposes.
3. LICENSE GRANT RESTRICTIONS. This TOU is only a license and not an assignment or sale. 211MD transfers no ownership or intellectual property interest or title in and to the Site to you or anyone else. Further, 211MD reserves all rights not expressly granted by this TOU. Accordingly, you may not modify, translate, decompile, create derivative work(s) of, copy, distribute, disassemble, broadcast, transmit, publish, remove, or alter any proprietary notices or labels, license, sublicense, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, exploit, rent, lease, private label, grant a security interest in, or otherwise use the Site in any manner not expressly permitted herein. Moreover, you must not modify copies of any materials from the Site, any images, and graphics separately from the accompanying text, or delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or proprietary rights notices from copies of any materials.
4. USER OBLIGATIONS. By accessing or using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the legal age of majority, whichever is greater) and will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, and complete information when submitting information or materials on or through the Site, including, without limitation, when you provide information via a Site submission form. In addition, you agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Site. You also acknowledge and agree that use of the Internet is solely at your own risk.
5. ACCOUNT. Registration for an account for use of account-restricted areas or tools of the Site may require access credentials, such as an email address, username, phone number, or password, or adherence to other particular access requirements as designated by 211MD in its sole discretion from time to time. You hereby agree to consider and maintain your access credentials as confidential information and agree that your account is personal to you and you will not provide the account information to any other individual. You shall immediately notify 211MD if you suspect or become aware of any loss or theft of or unauthorized use of your access credentials. 211MD has the right, in its sole discretion, to disable any username, password, or other identifier if in 211MD’s opinion you have violated any provision of this TOU or for any reason or for no reason.
6. USER CONTRIBUTIONS. The Site may contain interactive features that allow you to submit, publish, or transmit content to other users on or through the Site (“User Contributions”). By posting a User Contribution to the Site, you grant 211D the right to use, reproduce, modify, display, and otherwise transfer or disclose to third parties any part of all of the User Contribution. By posting a User Contribution, you warrant that you own all rights in and to the User Contribution, and that the User Contribution complies with this TOU. 211MD is not liable to you or any party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Site. 211MD also reserves the right to remove or refuse to publish any User Contributions for any or for no reason.
7. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The Site is owned by The Maryland Information Network 2-1-1 Maryland, Inc. Copyright 2021-2022 © 211 Maryland and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Any downloadable or printable information or materials available through the Site, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by 211MD and/or its licensors. 211 MARYLAND, 2-1-1 MD, Maryland Information Network and all other names, logos, and icons identifying 211MD and its services are proprietary trademarks of 211MD, and any use of such marks without the express written permission of 211MD is strictly prohibited. Other services, products, or company names mentioned may be the trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners.
8. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Additional notices, terms, and conditions may apply to digital subscription(s), survey participation, payment, SMS (short message service) communication, or participation in a program or event (as applicable). You agree to abide by such other notices, terms, and conditions, as applicable. If there is a conflict between this TOU and these additional notices, terms, and conditions, 211MD shall resolve any conflict in good faith in its sole discretion, but the latter terms shall generally control with respect to their respective subject matter.
9. FEEDBACK. 211MD welcomes your feedback and suggestions about 211MD’s services, or with respect to how to improve the Site. By transmitting any suggestions, information, material, or other content (collectively, “Feedback”) to 211MD, you represent and warrant that you own all rights to such Feedback and the Feedback does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party. In addition, the submission of Feedback will grant to 211MD an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free license for 211MD to use such Feedback in any manner, and for any purpose, and in any medium, in furtherance of 211MD’s mission.
11. LINKS TO OTHER SITES. 211MD may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other third-party websites or provide access to a third-party page(s) on a social media platform(s). Such other sites or pages, including social media platforms, are maintained by third parties over which 211MD exercises no control. These links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or the information, products, or services provided by any third party unless 211MD expressly states otherwise.
12. DISCLAIMER. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES. 211MD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY ABSOLVE AND RELEASE 211MD FROM ANY CLAIM OF HARM RESULTING FROM A CAUSE BEYOND 211MD’S CONTROL. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT SHALL 211MD BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, EVEN IF 211MD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, TOTAL LIABILITY OF 211MD FOR BREACH OF THIS TOU IS CESSATION OF USE OF THE SITE AND FOR ANY OTHER REASON RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE WHATSOEVER FOR AN AMOUNT NOT EXCEEDING ONE HUNDRED ($100) DOLLARS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER, EXCLUSION, OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, LIABILITIES, AND DAMAGES AND, ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, 211MD’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
14. ENFORCING SECURITY. You may not use the Site or any of 211MD’s data, systems, network, or services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior including, without limitation, accessing or using 211MD’s data, systems, or networks in an unauthorized manner, attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of 211MD’s system or network, circumventing any security or authentication measures, monitoring any data or traffic, interfering with any services, collecting or using from the Site email addresses or other identifiers, collecting or using from the Site information without the consent of 211MD (herein or otherwise), using any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information, using the Site to distribute software or tools that gather information, distributing advertisements, or engaging in conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against 211MD or its data, systems, or network. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution, including, without limitation, punishment under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 under U.S. federal law. 211MD reserves the right to view, monitor, and/or record activity on the Site in order to maintain security of the Site. Such recorded activity is subject to review by law enforcement organizations. 211MD will also comply with all court orders or subpoenas involving requests for information. 211MD reserves the right at any time to suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Site or any portion of the Site.
15. INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. You agree that 211MD shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of your obligations under any provision of this TOU. Accordingly, you hereby waive any requirement that 211MD post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to 211MD to enforce any provision of this TOU.
16. TERM AND TERMINATION. This TOU will take effect (or re-take effect) at the moment you acknowledge (e.g., check a box) that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Site, register for an account on the Site, respond through the Site to a request for information, and/or begin downloading, accessing, or using the Site, whichever action or event is earliest. 211MD reserves the right at any time and on reasonable grounds to deny your access to the Site or to any portion thereof and this TOU will also terminate automatically if you fail to comply with its terms and conditions, subject to the survival rights of certain provisions identified below. Termination will be effective without prior notice. You may also terminate this TOU at any time by ceasing to use the Site, but all applicable provisions of this TOU will survive termination, as identified below, and each re-access or use of the Site will reapply this TOU (then in effect) to you. Upon termination, you must destroy all copies of any aspect of the Site in your possession. The provisions concerning 211MD’s proprietary rights, Feedback, disclaimers (of warranty), limitations of liability, waiver and severability, entire agreement, injunctive relief, and governing law will survive the termination of this TOU for any reason.
17. GOVERNING LAW. The Site is controlled and operated by 211MD from its offices within the United States. This TOU has been made in and will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in the State of Maryland. Any action to enforce this TOU will be brought in the courts presiding in the State of Maryland, and all parties to this TOU expressly agree to be subject to the jurisdiction of such courts. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. A printed version of this TOU and of any related notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings.
18. WAIVER & SEVERABILITY. Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this TOU will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by 211MD of any right under this TOU will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time. If any part of this TOU is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers, venue, claim, and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this TOU shall continue in effect.
19. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. No joint venture, partnership, employment, affiliate, or agency relationship exists between you and 211MD as a result of this TOU or your utilization of the Site. This TOU represents the entire agreement between you and 211MD with respect to use of the Site and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written between you and 211MD with respect to the Site. You may not assign, delegate, or transfer any rights under this TOU without the prior written consent of 211MD. Please note that 211MD reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this TOU by posting a revised TOU and a corresponding announcement of the revised TOU, or by mailing and/or e-mailing notice thereof to you. In addition, 211MD may add, modify, or delete any aspect, program, or feature of the Site, but 211MD is not under any obligation to add any upgrade, enhancement, or modification. Your continued use of the Site following any announced change will be conclusively deemed acceptance of any change to the terms and conditions of this TOU. Accordingly, you are expected to check for announcements and review this TOU on a periodic basis.
20. CONTACT. If you have questions regarding the Site or if you are interested in obtaining more information concerning 211MD, please contact 211MD at email@example.com (e-mail).
Text Messaging Alerts Terms And Conditions
Effective Date: April 23, 2021
Text the keyword for the program you’re trying to reach to 898-211 to opt-in to the program (or text MDREADY to 211-631). Text STOP at any time to remove your number from 211 Maryland’s text messaging alerts and receive no further messages. Msg&data rates may apply.
Subscribers of TXT-211 (898-211) Alerts can expect to receive the following types of messages:
Information and education that comes from partnerships and work completed by 211 Maryland service providers and our affiliates, partners and stakeholders. Region-specific alerts will include where to obtain shelter, food, relief-assistance, transportation, medical and mental health assistance, and services availability.
Subscribers of 211MD1 (211-631) Alerts can expect to receive the following types of messages:
Up to the minute disaster alerts, during and post disaster, affecting your community (based on the zip code or keyword you provide when you subscribe for MDReady Alerts) Region-specific alerts will include where to obtain shelter, food, relief-assistance, transportation, medical and mental health assistance, and services availability.
Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered to you if your phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of your wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. You acknowledge that urgent alerts may not be timely received and that your wireless carrier does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered.
Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
211 Maryland’s Text Messaging Alerts is not a substitute for 9-1-1 (emergency services), 4-1-1 (telephone directory assistance) or other specialized hotlines or automated recordings. 211 Maryland’s Text Messaging supports individuals with hearing/speech impairments or they may also call 7-1-1.
Use of Information and Services: The information and services provided by 211 Maryland’s Text Messaging Alerts are for informational purposes only.
The information, services, and materials of 211 Maryland’s Text Messaging Alerts are provided on an “as is” basis with no warranty. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, 211 Maryland’s Text Messaging Alerts disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, with respect to such information, services, products, and materials, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement.
In no event will 211 Maryland be liable for any consequential, indirect, incidental, special, or punitive damages, however caused and under any theory of liability (including negligence), arising from your use of 211 Maryland’s Text Messaging Alerts or the provision of the information, services, products, and materials provided by 211 Maryland’s Text Messaging Alerts, even if the alerts has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
External Sites: 211 Maryland’s Text Messaging Alerts may provide links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge that 211 Maryland is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any such external site.
Termination of Usage: 211 Maryland may terminate or suspend your access to all or part of 211 Maryland’s Text Messaging Alert services, without notice, for any conduct that 211 Maryland, in its sole discretion, believes is in violation of any applicable law or is harmful to the interests of another user, a sponsor, merchant or other third party, or 211 Maryland’s Text Messaging Alerts services.
Modification of Terms and Conditions: 211 Maryland reserves the right, at any time, to modify, alter or update these Terms and Conditions and you agree to be bound by such modifications, alterations or updates.
211 Maryland respects your privacy. 211 Maryland may collect information from users of its website (“Website”). This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide through the Website.
- Our practices for collecting, using and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect from you through our Website and in other electronic communications sent through or in connection with our Website. This policy does not apply to information that:
- Is collected on or by third-party websites or applications that you may access via our Website or otherwise.
- You provide to or is collected by any third-party. These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information to them.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you have any questions about this policy or matters that relate to it, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect And How We Collect It
We may collect information from and about you when you engage with our Website:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From other third parties; for example, our business partners.
- Automatically when you use certain features of our Website.
Information You Provide Us
You may provide personal information:
- That identifies you, including, without limitation, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, state of residence, age, gender, school, languages spoken, social media accounts, credit card information and photographs.
- That identifies others, including, without limitation, the names of victims, witnesses, or perpetrators of hate crimes or similar incidents and details of incidents that affect these individuals.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms. This includes information provided at the time of registration, information written on any applications, information provided during an interview, information you provide when reporting an incident or hate crime and/or information you provide when requesting further services.
- Information that confirms your identity, authority, or other characteristics.
- Your responses to surveys or questionnaires that we may ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions that you carry out through our Website.
- Information that is related to your user profile, including your username, password, password reminder questions and answers, interests, communication preferences, and any correspondence you send to us.
- Optional information you can choose to supply, to enable you to have a personalized experience with our Website and to enable us to give you the information you desire.
You and others may also provide information to be posted on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). If you disclose information in a User Contribution, this information can be viewed, collected and used by others.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking
When you access or use our Website, we may use technology to automatically collect information, including:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access and use of the Website, including location data, length of time you visit our site, page views, click-stream information, referring URL, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, and network information.
Information Collection And Tracking Technologies
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Website and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. The technologies we use for automatic information collection on our Website may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website.
- Web Beacons and Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) and other similar technologies, to track your use of the Website, count users who have visited certain pages and verify system and server integrity.
- Google. 211 Maryland uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout We may use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by a third-party.
How We Use Your Information
The Website usage information and information we collect automatically helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website.
- Compile information about hate crimes and similar incidents.
- Speed up your searches and help you efficiently access information.
- Recognize you when you use the Website.
- Help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Website.
- Track entries, submissions, and status in any interactive portions of the Website.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Website and aggregate metrics.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Website, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Provide you with the Website contents and its interactive features.
- Reach out to you about hate crimes and similar incidents you report to us.
- Enable you to work, consult, or volunteer for us.
- Process your donation.
- Develop statistics.
- Evaluate your application or registration to receive programs and services from us.
- Give you notices about your account or registration.
- Provide you with marketing communications or newsletters.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us.
- Notify you when updates to our Website are available and notify you of changes to any services we offer or provide.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use an email feature of the Website.
- For internal purposes, where necessary.
- To comply with applicable laws.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose information that we collect, or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To the Office of Immigration Affiars, local law enforcement, or other agencies to report incidents including hate crimes, or to with the Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives, the Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center (MCAC) or similar entities for data sharing and public awareness.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of 211 Maryland’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by 211 Maryland about users of our Website is among the assets transferred.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect or defend the rights, property, or safety of 211 Maryland or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To report suspicion of elder abuse, neglect, child abuse, hate crimes or similar incidents.
- To persons disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To other persons or entities with your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
When you sign up or contact us through the Website, you may be set up to receive email messages, unless you indicate that you do not wish to receive emails. At any time, you can choose to no longer receive such emails by following the instructions found in the emails, or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by 211 Maryland to promote our programs or services, you can opt-out by sending us a letter or an email stating your request.
For choices with respect to third-party interest-based advertising activities and analytics, please see the “Information Collection and Tracking Technologies” section above.
Accessing And Correcting Your Personal Information
You may call, email, or otherwise contact us to request access to, correct, or delete personal information that you have provided to us. In some instances, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account or terminating any services you are currently engaged in or receive from 211 Maryland. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children’s Information Collection
We only collect information about those under 13 years of age with parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information upon request of parent.
9770 Patuxent Woods Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
Last revised 5/2/2022
211 Maryland Solicitations And Voluntary Giving Policy
The most responsive contributors are those who have the opportunity to become informed and involved. We therefore promote voluntary giving in dealing with donors, employees, volunteers, and vendors.
We will respect the rights of donors to:
- Be informed of 211 Maryland’s mission, how resources will be used and that donations are used effectively for their intended purposes.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the Board of Directors and expect that the Board will exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to 211 Maryland’s most recent financial reports.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- Be assured that information about their gifts is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals employed by 211 Maryland to the donor will be professional in nature.
- Have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from distribution lists.
- Feel free to ask questions when donating and to receive prompt and truthful answers.
Donors with concerns should contact our Donor Helpline by: email at firstname.lastname@example.org.